In recovery these behaviors need to be addressed in the program in confidence with a sponsor or counselor.
This list is not complete, but it may help you begin to find understanding and ways out of the quagmire of pain.
1. Isolates you from friends and family
2. Is verbally abusive
3. Blames others for his problems
4. Alcohol and drug use
5. Does things to instill fear
6. Punishes you for spending time away from him
7. Expects you to wait on him like a servant
8. Is extremely jealous of all aspects of your life
9. Controls you through his emotions
10. They get physical
Abuse may be generated by any amount of factors not the least of which is altering thought processes by alcohol, drugs or relationship dynamics.
Full story at; Health Central
More information at; Help Guide