International Women’s Day (www.unifem.org.au/iwd/default.html) is being held on Saturday 8 March 2008.
Award-winning screen actress Nicole Kidman a Goodwill Ambassador to for the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM),
- Australian Government Office for Women (www.ofw.facsia.gov.au) is a policy advisory unit and a division of the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs in Australia.
- Australian Women’s Health Network (www.awhn.org.au) provides a national voice on women’s health issues.
- Hobart Women’s Health Centre (www.hwhc.com.au) provides a range of health services for women.
- Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (www.mcwh.com.au) is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of immigrant women working in paid and unpaid employment across Australia.
- Queen Victoria Women’s Centre (www.qvwc.org.au) provides information, support and resources for Victorian women and women’s organisations.
- Queensland Women’s Health Network (www.qwhn.asn.au/index.htm) aims to strengthen links between women, women’s services, the health sector and key decision makers by assisting with information, support and advocacy.
- Royal Women’s Hospital (www.thewomens.org.au) is Australia’s largest specialist hospital dedicated to improving the health of women and newborn babies.
- WIRE: Women’s Information (www.wire.org.au) provides free information, support and referrals to women across Victoria.
- Women’s Centre for Health Matters (www.wchm.org.au) is a community information and resource centre which provides information, referral and support to women in the Australian Capital Territory on their health and wellbeing.
- Women’s Health Australia (www.alswh.org.au) is a longitudinal study that has been examining the health and wellbeing of Australian women since 1996.
- Women’s Health New South Wales (www.whnsw.asn.au) is an association of statewide women’s health centres and specialist women’s centres.
- Women’s Health Queensland Wide (www.womhealth.org.au) is a health promotion, information and education service.
- Women’s Health Statewide (www.whs.sa.gov.au) is a South Australian women’s health service.
- Women’s Health Victoria (www.whv.org.au) is a Victorian women’s health promotion, information and advocacy service.
- Women’s Information & Referral Centre (www.wirc.act.gov.au) provides a free, confidential, relevant and accurate information and referral service for women and their families in the Australian Capital Territory.
See also; International Women’s Day 8th March