This activity focuses on steroids and provides you with a classroom activity to use with your students. You can review the on screen version below to learn more.
Get the total picture of what steroids can do to the brain and body.
Symptoms / Side Effects:
- Baldness can be caused by steroid abuse.
- Because of how steroids act on the limbic system in the brain, mood swings, including homicidal rage can occur.
- Taking roids can cause pimples to pop up.
- Females who take steroids can become more masculine. Their voices can deepen.
- A condition called atherosclerosis can be caused by steroid use. This condition can lead to a heart attack or stroke.
- When hormone production is disrupted, males can develop breasts, a condition called gynecomastia.
- Tumors and blood-filled cysts can develop on the liver of steroid users.
- Increased levels of hormones signal bones to stop growing.
Damage Diagram in PDF (392K)
Once your students have reviewed the information in Facts on Drugs: Steroids you can use the quiz below to test their knowledge.
Steroids Quiz in PDF (14k)
More at; Steroids